Watch Party Time!
October 2022 - Maintaining Stormwater Projects
This month gather your green team and/or other members of your congregation for a Watch Party!
In this Learning Lab you will learn:
How do you keep your in-the-ground project alive and functioning?
How do you develop a maintenance plan?
What are the necessary tasks for different types of projects?
What strategies are effective for recruiting and scheduling volunteers to do the maintenance?
The guest speakers are Ted Wolfe from Howard EcoWorks and John Marra of Blue Water Baltimore, who share their expertise in how to keep projects vibrant and effectively healing the local waters.
Three congregations share about how they are implementing their maintenance plans.
Suggested Discussion Questions for your Watch Party group discussion:
- What lessons did you learn from the speakers about how to maintain your project?
- What did the congregation example show of "pitfalls to avoid"?
- How did they organize volunteers to engage in maintenance activities?
How to organize your Watch Party: Invite people to a Watch Party discussion together about "Maintaining Stormwater Projects" on Oct. 6. (If that date doesn't work for you please schedule your webinar discussion at another time during October.)
Share this webpage link ahead of time with your team/congregation members. You will invite them to watch the webinar recording prior to the Watch Party discussion. Here's what you'll need to do:
- In September start sharing the word about this with your green team and congregation members.
- Invite them (via email, phone calls, congregation newsletter/announcements) to register here (this webpage) to watch the recorded Learning Lab individually prior to your Watch Party date.
- Schedule a time for a Zoom meeting or an in-person gathering (as appropriate) for the post-viewing discussion Watch Party.
- Send reminders & post information below about the webinar and how to access it: in your congregation's newsletter, social media & weekly bulletin.
Instructions for each person to access the recording:
- Please register on this page by filling out the tracking form on the right.
- After you register you'll land on a the page to view the recording of this webinar.
These webinars are designed to supplement the core Faithful Green Leaders Training, but everyone is welcome to participate.
Do you like this page?