Watch Party Time!
December 2022 - Planning Green Team Actions
Please complete the registration form and click the "View Recording" button at the bottom. After you register you'll get access to a page with the recording of the Learning Lab.
This Learning Lab focused on congregations that have successfully planned actions - how they started, what was effective for planning their actions and how they brought the actions to completion.
Our guest speakers were:
- Gary Gillespie, member of Homewood Friends Meeting, Baltimore, speaks about their project of installing a Pollinator Garden Bird Friendly Habitat on their small congregation grounds.
- Chris Gordon, member of Holy Communion Catholic Church, Davidsonville, and Master Watershed Steward in Anne Arundel County, speaks about planing their actions along with methods and importance of maintaining your project once it's in the ground.
- Bonnie Thomson, member of Govans Presbyterian Church, Baltimore, who shares some actions of their congregation and talks about their maintenance plan.
In this Learning Lab you will learn:
- How these Green Team Leaders organized their actions.
- Steps to plan your actions.
- Lessons from challenges and successes.
Suggested Discussion Questions for your Watch Party group discussion:
- What lessons did you learn from the speakers about how to maintain your project?
- What did the congregation example show of "pitfalls to avoid"?
- How did they organize volunteers to engage in maintenance activities?
How to organize your Watch Party: Invite people to a Watch Party discussion together about "Planning Green Team Actions" on Dec. 8. (If that date doesn't work for you please schedule your webinar discussion at another time during December.)
Share this webpage link ahead of time with your team/congregation members. You will invite them to watch the webinar recording prior to the Watch Party discussion. Here's what you'll need to do:
- In November start sharing the word about this with your green team and congregation members.
- Invite them (via email, phone calls, congregation newsletter/announcements) to register here (this webpage) to watch the recorded Learning Lab individually prior to your Watch Party date.
- Schedule a time for a Zoom meeting or an in-person gathering (as appropriate) for the post-viewing discussion Watch Party.
- Send reminders & post information below about the webinar and how to access it: in your congregation's newsletter, social media & weekly bulletin.
Instructions for each person to access the recording:
- Please register on this page by filling out the tracking form on the right.
- After you register you'll land on a the page to view the recording of this webinar.
These webinars are designed to supplement the core Faithful Green Leaders Training, but everyone is welcome to participate.
Do you like this page?