Our small, local vendors will be selling native plants which they raise and sell themselves, including beautiful native flowers and grasses, shrubs and trees. The main purpose of our native plant sale is to provide an opportunity to learn how we can recreate a more sustainable world by eliminating practices that destroy the balance of nature.
Valuable information will be available at our exhibit tables including:
- What native plants to use, and when to plant them;
- Hto convert noxious, expensive and high maintenance lawns into lovely, low maintenance native landscapes that will stop runoff while protecting our native species.
- A beekeeper will exhibit and sell the plants she uses for her bees, as well as honey from their hives.
- Our local park at Lake Roland will have information about educational programs and recreational opportunities for both children and adults.
- Other nature-based organizations such as IPC, Blue Water Baltimore, Baltimore Bird Club, Lights Out Baltimore, and more will have information about sustainable practices that protect the well being of our air, waterways, natural resources, and the creatures that depend on them, including ourselves.
- Scout Troop 35 will be there to sell doughnuts and coffee and to carry purchases to your car.
Come, visit, enjoy and learn!
Volunteers are needed to provide information, help set up, staff exhibits and clean up. Please call Dorothea Lankford at (410) 823-6884 five days in advance if you'd like to volunteer! What a great way to learn how to do this at your congregation.
More information can be found on our Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreNativePlantSale/
Do you like this page?