Chesapeake Bay Trust Community Engagement Mini Grant Webinars & Workshop
IPC is once again partnering with the Chesapeake Bay Trust (CBT) to help congregations learn about CBT's Community Engagement Mini-Grant program through a series of webinars and workshops. We will be continuing in this effort again this year by assisting four-eight congregations/religious organizations to prepare applications. With a cap of $5,000 eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Community gardens that encourage use of the outdoors and education about natural resources;
- Community clean-ups that benefit both communities and local waterways;
- Projects that combine art with an increased awareness of stormwater issues, such as storm drain stenciling or rain barrel installations;
- Community greening projects, which have been shown to beautify communities, improve health via air quality, and lead to reduced crime, as well as improve stormwater, such as tree plantings;
- Projects that beautify communities, capture rain water and improve wildlife habitat such as pollinator habitat plantings and rain gardens;
- Projects that educate and get residents outdoors, which has been shown to improve human health or other ideas.
Webinar 1 - November 27, 2017 7-8 PM. Click HERE to Register. COMPLETED
Webinar 2 - January 21, 2018 2-3 PM. Click HERE to Register. COMPLETED
In-person Workshop-February 25, 2018 2-3 PM, Glen Mar United Methodist Church, Howard County. COMPLETED
Click HERE for an IPC promotional flyer that you can download and share electronically OR for a printable version Click HERE.
This grant program generally reopens on July 1st of each year, which is the start of Maryland's State Fiscal Year (The CB Trust is a quasi-governmental entity, so it follows the state's fiscal calendar). Contact Bonnie Sorak at [email protected] or call 410-609-6852 for more information about the possibility of new webinars and workshops.
Click Here to watch a previously recorded version of one of the webinars if you can't join us at any of the upcoming sessions. You will learn best practices to enhance your grant applications and make them stand out.
Click here to learn more about Chesapeake Bay Trust and how to support them by purchasing a "Treasure the Chesapeake" license plate.
Do you like this page?