More than 1 billion people in 192 countries now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Today, we invite you to be a part of Earth Month and to help further our goals right here in the Chesapeake.
Work is already underway! So far in 2022, IPC's network has installed stormwater and pollinator gardens, led nature walks and trash cleanups, and even held a native plant sale. This is a lot to accomplish in a few short months and we are just getting started -- there is still more planned for this year and beyond. You should have received a copy of our strategic plan in the mail, which lays out 5 overarching goals and key outcomes of success for the next 3 years. Thank you to everyone who has already supported the launch of our strategic plan by participating in our Trivia Night event, being a partner in progress, and contributing monetary donations.
We are 25% of the way towards our goal of raising $20,000 before Earth Day to put IPC on the path to success. Please get involved or make a financial gift today to jump start our efforts. There are many ways to support this strategic plan:
- Make a financial gift and our board will double it! Our board of directors has pledged to match all gifts up to $20,000! Be as generous as you can to double your gift. If you are already a monthly donor, please consider an extra one-time gift in honor of Earth Day.
- Make a major gift of $500 or more. Your investment in IPC will leave a legacy of positive impact.
- Make a gift of stock. Maximize your giving and reduce your tax obligation through a gift of stock. Contact [email protected] to discuss this process.
- Buy some IPC swag and show your support. From nice sweatshirts, to green team T-shirts, to stainless steel water bottles – we have you covered! Your purchase will support IPC while increasing our visibility in your community.
As Individual citizens – voters, as watchdogs, and as consumers – we have the simple yet effective power to make our voices heard. IPC wants to help mobilize the faithful and spiritual to work for environmental justice and influence environmental policies. This is one of the most powerful tools we have to raise awareness and build support for environmental restoration and justice and we need your help to make it happen! Consider:
- Forming a green team
- Getting your congregation to sign the pledge
- Joining IPC at our events
- Engaging in a One Water Partnership hub near you
What each of us does, and how we do it, has a huge ripple effect on our ecosystems, and on the pace of corporate and government action. If we build stronger relationships with leaders and activists, we will enhance our ability to influence environmental policies. Take action and invest in local leaders to effect change in the halls of power. When congregations take action, the broader community watches and learns.
Get involved with us and reinforce the moral responsibility for environmental action.
Do you like this page?