Will there be clean water for tomorrow's children?
Let's work together to make certain there is!
How can your Prince George's County faith community:
- Reduce polluted runoff and by doing so contribute to clean water for future generations?
- Express your love for neighbor, for our Creator, for Creation and for those will follow in our footsteps by caring for the waters?
Answer: the Prince George’s County’s Alternative Compliance Program for Congregations
+ Learn about the Alternative Compliance Program here.
+Sign up here now to put a hold on your congregation's 2016 stormwater fees (before March 2016).
+Don't know what your fee is? Look on your Property Tax bill for "Clean Water Act Fee"
No cost to sign up and no cost for installing in-ground projects like rain gardens, permeable (lets the rain water absorb) pavement, rain barrels, native trees (absorb rain water).
Learn more about:
- why "God makes Rain, but We Make Runoff" - the faith basis for watershed stewardship here.
- the challenges of and solutions for polluted runoff into the Anacostia Watershed and the wider Chesapeake Bay Watershed here.
- the Prince George's County Alternative Compliance Program
- how to participate in the Sacred Grounds program as a way to qualify for the Alternative Compliance Program
If you have questions about any of these programs contact Kolya Braun-Greiner at firstname.lastname@example.org