Grant Funding Available for Congregations to Answer the Call for Healing Creation
Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake Can Help Your Congregation NOW
Attend A FREE Chesapeake Bay Trust Grant Writing Workshop or Webinar
We have already begun working with three congregations to prepare Chesapeake Bay Trust Community Outreach and Education Mini Grants.
- Knox Presbyterian Church intends to apply for a grant to plant a pollinator garden next Spring in front of their new "Garden of Eden" mural that was installed last year. They will bring the painting to life!
- Gwynn Oak United Methodist Church plans to apply for a grant to install a cistern/rain barrel project in preparation for a native garden installation next year. They will also host a rain barrel workshop.
- The Singh Community of Salisbury intends to apply for a grant to plant 550 trees and shrubs in a public park to mark their 550th anniversary
Now we want to hear from YOU! What is your "green" idea to help God's Creation? These can be outreach and educational campaigns so not limited to "in-the-ground" projects.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to: ✤ Learn best practices to enhance your applications ✤ Tips to help your application stand out ✤ Ask questions directly to CBT & IPC staff ✤ Get one-on-one mentoring support for the first 8 congregations
Eligible Projects Include, but not limited to:
✤ Community gardens that encourage use of the outdoors and education about natural resources
✤ Community clean-ups that benefit both communities and local waterways
✤ Projects that combine art with an increased awareness of stormwater issues, such as storm drain stenciling or rain barrel installations
✤ Community greening projects, which have been shown to beautify communities, improve health via air quality, and lead to reduced crime, as well as improve stormwater, such as tree plantings
✤ Projects that beautify communities, capture rain water and improve wildlife habitat such as pollinator habitat plantings and rain gardens
✤ Projects that educate and get residents outdoors, which has been shown to improve human health
✤ Or, tell us your idea . . .
Click HERE to watch a previously recorded webinar
Mini Grant Outreach Webinars & workshop dates
• Monday, November 18, 2019 at 7 PM-COMPLETE
• Sunday, January at 26, 2019 2 PM-COMPLETE
Free In Person Workshop
• Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 2 PM Christian Temple, 5820 Edmonson Ave., Catonsville, MD 21228 Click HERE to register
For more information contact Bonnie Sorak at Bonnie@InterfaithChesapeake.org or call 443-799-0349