You can continue your green team work by scheduling regular meetings. These virtual platforms can help:
If you need assistance getting set up on any of these platforms, contact us at [email protected].
Suggested Creation Care Activities During COVID-19
- Watch our Learning Labs. You can find all our recordings as well as sign up for future webinars here. Your team could watch these individually, or as a group, and then schedule a call together to discuss how to implement the ideas you've learned.
Schedule a screening of an environmental film.
- The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital has moved online. Choose a film to watch together and follow that with a virtual discussion via Zoom, conference call, or other platform.
- Or create an environmental film series. Check out IPC's list of movies and videos or this rich list of educational videos from the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.
- Plan a fall stream clean-up. Plan to participate in Project Clean Stream, now scheduled for Fall 2020. The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay provides supplies for clean-ups anywhere in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Plant trees. You can plant trees in your yard, or on your congregation's grounds. Learn about how to choose trees and how to plant them from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. You can also get a $25 coupon towards the purchase of a tree.
- Organize an online book group. Check out our suggested reading list, or choose one of your own. Start a book study or series for a group.
- For more resources visit:
- Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay's "Activities to Do at Home During COVID 19"
- Watershed Stewards Academy's "Take Action for Clean Water at Home"
Do you like this page?