Are you a "lone green sheep" or a small team of two working to recruit other congregation members to join your green team?
We have put together some tips to help you get started.
- Get approval from your faith leader. See this Sample Script for a Conversation with Your Faith Leader.
- Find and Share your Environmental Story to Inspire Others - What inspired you to engage in and care for the environment? Use this Environmental Identity resource to help you articulate your environmental story. Then start a conversation with others and invite them to tell you their story. In this personal way, find other kindred spirits in your congregation who can join you at the training.
- Find Green Team Members using this resource and sign them up to join you.
- Post or insert a Bulletin Announcement inviting people to join your team and say you'll be available to talk with them during coffee hour.
- Ask your spiritual leader to make an announcement during services and stand in the back afterwards with a clipboard and pen to record interested people's name and phone number.
- Hang out at the Recycling Bins during coffee hour to meet the people who recycle!
- Host an environmental movie night and maybe the folks who sign up are interested in forming a team. Need movie ideas? Email us for for help.
- Observe bumper stickers in your parking lot - see who has environmental stickers! Wait for them by their car and strike up a conversation.
- Share the flyers about the Green Team Training during your coffee hour.
Need more help building your green team? Contact GreenTeams@InterfaithChesapeake.org for support and guidance.
Do you like this page?