Thank you for your interest in learning about our Board.
To submit your name for consideration, please click here to complete the Interest Form.
Board members advise, govern and oversee policy and strategic direction for IPC, and assist the Executive Director in implementing our mission. The Board also serves as the organization’s fiduciary authority and is ethically responsible for its financial activity.
Board members serve for a 3-year term which can be renewed for a second 3-year term, if invited to do so, for a total of 6 years of service. Specific responsibilities of Board members include:
- Attend 5 Board meetings per year, held throughout Maryland*. Board meetings typically last 3 hours.
- Serve as an officer or member of at least one committee. Currently the committees include: Finance, Governance, Program, and Advocacy. Committee meetings are typically held via conference call, but occasionally committees choose to meet in-person as needed.
- All Board Officers – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary – hold their position for one year. There are no limits on the number of years an officer can serve, total or consecutively.
- Participate in a once-a-year planning retreat.
- Make a personal contribution and participate in our annual appeal by asking family/friends to support IPC. We do not have a minimum giving requirement.
As of May 2020, we are particularly interested in candidates who meet our current diversity/skills needs as follows:
Business Expertise, Entrepreneurial, Innovation in Business
Financial/Accounting, Experience with Governmental Grants if possible
Racial Diversity, with particular focus on persons of color and of Native American background
Religious Diversity, with particular focus on non-Christian faiths including Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist
Geographical Diversity, with particular focus on these regions: Southern Maryland, Prince George’s County, rural Maryland such as Harford or Carroll counties, Eastern Shore, District of Columiba, Southern Pennsylvania
The Board of Trustees is covered under Directors and Officers Liability insurance. To learn more about IPC and our board:
If you would like us to consider you as a potential board candidate, please click here to complete the Board Interest Form.
Thank you for considering this opportunity to serve and honor God’s creation. Please share this opportunity with friends or colleagues.
*During Covid-19 restrictions, the board will meet virtually as appropriate.