Take a “go as you can” 3-mile loop self-guided walking tour in downtown Lancaster to witness how congregations have transformed their grounds by treating stormwater runoff and making their spaces more hospitable to birds and bees! See examples of creation care projects that your congregation might try to replicate. This event is co-sponsored by the Lancaster Interfaith Coalition as part of Lancaster Water Week.
The self-guided tour will be open for visitors dawn to dusk beginning August 8th and ending August 12th. Begin the tour by parking at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 North Queen Street, Lancaster. Other participating sites include: Moshav Derekh Shalom, Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, The Wolf Museum, Community Mennonite Church of Lancaster, Saint James Episcopal Church and East Chestnut Street Mennonite Church. Click HERE to download a map of the tour.
This event is free, but please RSVP with Lancaster Water Week by clicking here. Once you register for the walk.
Please be stay safe when visiting the stops on the tour:
- Wear masks whenever anyone outside your household is nearby
- Stay 6 feet away from people outside your household
- None of the congregations will be open and no docents will be onsite. You will not have access to bathrooms, so plan accordingly.
- Pack water and snacks to stay hydrated on your walk!
Afterwards, join us via Zoom for a Q&A to answer your questions about what you saw!
Faith-in-Action Discussion - August 12th via Zoom (register for the Zoom discussion here)
- Inspiring remarks from Malinda Harnish Clatterbuck, Associate Pastor of Community Mennonite Church of Lancaster
- Hear from representatives from each of the stops on the tour
- Get ideas and resources to help replicate these projects at your own congregation
- More information here
Go to "https://www.youraudiotour.com/tours/761/" for information on all the tour stops.
Stops on tour:
- 517 North Queen Street Grace Lutheran Church
- 350 College Avenue Derekh Shalom (Eve Bratman's home)
- 538 W. Chestnut Street Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster
- 423 W. Chestnut Street Wolf Museum
- 119 N. Duke Street Saint James Episcopal Church
- 517 North Queen Street Return to Grace Lutheran Church
- 432 East Chestnut Street Bonus stop-Drive to East Chestnut Street Mennonite Church
517 N Queen St
Lancaster, PA 17603
Google map and directions