Welcome Green Team Mentors!
IPC's Green Team Mentorship Program assists our faithful green leaders to bring their action ideas to fruition! This webpage will act as the home base of the mentorship program. Here you will find program details, links to helpful tools and resources, and information on policies and procedures.
Why do we need this program?
- We know that effective green teams make a difference! Active green teams take action on Creation care.
- Experienced green team leaders can share their knowledge about how to get things done and where to find resources to make them happen.
- Connecting people from various congregations strengthens the movement to heal and restore the land and waters of our shared watershed, the Chesapeake Bay.
What We Hope to Give Our Mentors:
Becoming a green team mentor is a rewarding way for action-oriented people to help expand Creation care efforts in the Chesapeake region. Helping green teams implement successful projects means more trees planted, more acres of environmentally-friendly surfaces installed, and ultimately, a cleaner and
healthier Chesapeake Bay. Participation in this program also offers opportunities to foster relationships with people from other congregations. We must remember that this is a shared watershed, and that any serious effort to restore it requires collaboration among us all.
What Mentors Will Do:
Work with two to four congregation teams over 12 months and assist them with:
- Brainstorming project ideas
- Creating/reviewing an action plan
- Securing funding
- Looking for online resources
- Strengthening their team
- Communicating with their congregation
- Connecting with other congregations
Menus for Action
Do you like this page?