One Water Partnership Greater Baltimore Juneteenth-Solstice Walk
Enjoy & Learn about the Long Road to Freedom & the Wonders of Creation
Activities include: African and Native American Drummers, Story Telling, Fishing Lessons, Bug Hunt, Native Plant Gardening, Yoga, Guided Walks in the Woods and MORE! -- all based on themes honoring freedom, social and environmental justice. This event is FREE!
Would your organization like to have an information table OR would you like to help volunteer?
- Bring your Own Zero Waste Picnic Dinner & Drinks
- Bring a blanket to spread or folding chair (that you can carry or drop off at the pavilion)
- Bring a yoga mat if you have one and want to participate
- Carpool! Parking at the pavilion is limited
- Read the registration confirmation email carefully as it has explicit parking directions
- Only folks with limited mobility will be allowed to park at the Winan's Meadow/Pavilion parking lot. Others will need to park at the Eagle Drive parking lot and take the 15 minute peaceful walk through the woods (signs and guides will lead you). So plan to arrive early to allow time to walk and get to the event location in time for the great program
- There will be a complimentary shuttle bus from the parking area to the event. Arrive by 4:45 PM so you don't miss anything
- Due to road repaving Windsor Mill Road to Monticello Road to Wheatly Avenue MAY be closed. Plan your travel route accordingly. (See attached). But since it is a national holiday road construction may be halted so the road might be open
Note: For walking in the woods wear long pants and sturdy walking shoes as some of the paths are not paved and steep in some areas
Once you arrive to the Winan's Meadow/Pavilion there is access to a wheelchair/stroller friendly path as well.
Dress for the weather.
Bring gardening gloves to help in the native plant garden
Be sure to include your phone number when you register in case of inclement weather cancellation. Decision to be made by noon.
Program (subject to change)
|5:00-5:30||Welcome/African Drummers-Changa Onyango/Original People Drummers-Peter Brooks||Pavilion|
Land Acknowledgement/Thanksgiving Address-Peter Brooks
|6:00-6:15||Juneteenth Presentation-Charlie Dugger||Pavilion|
Nature Art Recycled
Native Garden Demonstration/Tour/Weeding
Forest Therapy Trail Walk
Cemetery Tours-More Challenging Hike
|7:00-7:30||Photo Walk||Trail Head|
|7:15-7:45||Bug Hunt||Trail Head|
Last Call for Shuttle Back to Eagle Drive
Closing-African & Original People Drumming
Winan's Meadow Parking Lot
Luis Calderon at [email protected] or 301-592-7433
Bonnie Sorak at [email protected] or 443-799-0349
Spread the word-flyers and social media graphics to download and share:
Facebook Page: Link
Juneteenth Solstice Flyer - PDF Flyer
Juneteenth Solstice Flyer - JPEG
Parking Info: PDF
Parking Info: JPEG
Social Media Graphic: JPEG
Do you like this page?