Congregations Are Planting Trees!
Heavy Downpours Bring... Runoff: An Even Greater Need for Trees
Read this reflection: A Climate for Runoff & Response by 10,000 Trees Project Coordinator, Kolya Braun-Greiner
So far people of faith have planted over 800 trees! With trees getting in the ground, congregations are contributing to watershed restoration, community beauty, and engaging in care for God's Creation.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following congregations which have completed their Tree Planting Day:
- Watersedge Baptist in Dundalk
- St. Margaret’s Episcopal in Annapolis
- Geneva Presbyterian in Potomac
- Saints Philip & James Catholic parish in Baltimore
- Baltimore Sikh Society
- Christ Episcopal Church in West River
- St. Andrew's United Methodist School in Edgewater
- Woodbrook Baptist in Baltimore
- All Saints Lutheran in Bowie
- Chizuk Amuno Congregation in Baltimore
- Friendship United Methodist Church
- St. Andrew's UMC School
- Temple Emanuel of Baltimore
- Baltimore Hebrew Congregation
- Union Baptist Church in Baltimore
- Holy Communion Lutheran in Fallston
For more information contact 10,000 Trees Project Coordinator, Kolya Braun-Greiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-776-6129.
WHEN and WHERE are Tree Planting Events?
View the Calendar of 10,000 Trees Events.
WHY PLANT TREES?
Here's a list of Reasons for Planting Trees.
Here's a helpful list of Frequently Asked Questions.
How does our Congregation get started?
Check out this Step-by-Step Guide about the 10,000 Trees Project on how to get started and walk through the process.
More Congregations Needed to Plant 10,000 Trees!
IPC partners with the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay to encourage congregations to plant trees on their property. This ambitious program offers congregations the following:
- Educational workshops on the importance of tree planting in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Hands-on training for tree planting and maintenance
- Spiritual workshops to explore the faith teachings on stewardship along with the spiritual meaning of trees and water in our faith traditions,
- Crew leaders to guide the congregations’ volunteers on the planting day
- And, of course, FREE trees!
IPC and The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay have received full funding for our proposal from Maryland’s Department of Natural Resources.
Thank you to the congregations who have enrolled so far!
If your congregation would like to enroll in this program, you can get more specifics from this overview.
For additional details contact Kolya Braun-Greiner at email@example.com or call 516-776-6129.
After you sign up, we will discuss planting plans, species selection, the faith-based environmental education workshop which accompanies the tree planting, and scheduling. Plantings will occur during Spring and Fall 2014.
Please spread the word that we have space for more congregations in this program. You can use this flyer to share this project with your community or tell someone else about it who might be interested.
Need help having the conversation in your congregation about bringing this program home? We can help with that! Contact us!