- Environmental Workshop on the contribution of trees the Chesapeake watershed
- Spiritual Workshop on the meaning of stewardship, trees and water in our faith tradition
- Training on planting and maintenance of trees
Contact Kolya Braun-Greiner at email@example.com or call 516-776-6129.
In partnership with Blue Water Baltimore, IPC engages Baltimore City congregations to reduce polluted runoff and receive a credit on their stormwater utility fees. The program offers:
- Educational workshops on the sacredness of water and the problems of polluted runoff
- Technical assistance for remediation
- Planning and execution of remediation projects
The first four Blue Water Congregations are off and running. A session was held on May 7th with representatives from four super motivated congregations: Faith Presbyterian Church, Church of the Redeemer, St. Anthony’s Catholic Church and St. Pius X. With a focus on reducing their polluted stormwater runoff, and with the assistance of a facilitator, they are beginning the process of “community visioning” to develop their congregational aspirations towards sustainability. Based upon the results of water audits completed by Blue Water Baltimore, these congregations will now consider plans for installing rain gardens, cisterns or rain barrels, removal of impermeable surfaces, etc., in addition to pursuing any other issues they feel called to address within their communities. Ultimately, we will be working with these congregations to apply for grant funding to help make their green dreams a reality. IPC wants to work together to get your congregation started in the program too! Go to our BWC page for more information or contact Bonnie Sorak at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Don’t miss this great opportunity! Contact Bonnie Sorak: email@example.com.