Thank you for your interest in learning about our Board.
To submit your name for consideration, please click here to complete the Interest Form.
Board members advise, govern and oversee policy and strategic direction for IPC, and assist the Executive Director in implementing our mission. The Board also serves as the organization’s fiduciary authority and is ethically responsible for its activities.
Board members serve for a 3-year term which can be renewed for a second 3-year term. Board nominations are the responsibility of the Governance Committee. Specific responsibilities of Board members include:
- Attend 5 Board meetings per year, all held in Howard County, MD. We encourage in-person attendance but are open to alternative dates, venues and meeting formats as Board members’ needs change. Note: Board meetings typically last 3 hours.
- Serve as an officer and/or serve as a member of at least one Standing Committee. Currently those are: Finance, Governance, Program, and Advocacy. Committee meetings are typically held via conference call, but occasionally committees choose to meet in-person as needed.
- All Board Officers – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary – hold their position for one year. There are no limits on the number of years an officer can serve, total or consecutively.
- Participate in a once-a-year planning retreat, usually an overnight event held in Howard County.
- Make a personal contribution commensurate with one’s ability and participate in our annual appeal by asking family/friends to support IPC. We do not have a minimum giving requirement.
The Board of Trustees is covered under Directors and Officers Liability insurance. To learn more about IPC and our board:
If you would like us to consider you as a potential board candidate, please click here to complete the Board Interest Form.
Thank you for considering this opportunity to serve and honor God’s creation. Please share this opportunity with friends or colleagues.