Watch Party Time!
April 2022 - Alternatives to an Ark
This month gather your green team and/or other members of your congregation for a Watch Party!
Organizer: Invite people to a Watch Party discussion together about "Alternatives to Building an Ark" on April 7 . (If that date doesn't work for you please schedule your webinar discussion at another time during April.)
Share this webpage link ahead of time with your team/congregation members. You will invite them to watch the webinar recording prior to the Watch Party discussion. Here's what you'll need to do:
- In March start sharing the word about this with your green team and congregation members.
- Invite them (via email, phone calls, congregation newsletter/announcements) to register here (this webpage) to watch the recorded Learning Lab individually prior to your Watch Party date.
- Schedule a time for a Zoom meeting or an in-person gathering (as appropriate) for the post-viewing discussion Watch Party.
- Send reminders & post information below about the webinar and how to access it: in your congregation's newsletter, social media & weekly bulletin.
Instructions for each person to access the recording:
- Please complete this tracking form.
- After you register you'll land on a the page to view the recording of this webinar.
This Learning Lab will address these questions:
Is your congregation struggling with flooding issues? Are you needing some ways to prepare for and reduce flooding on your congregation grounds and/or your home property?
You'll hear from guest speakers from the Maryland Department of the Environment, Kevin Wagner and Greg Sandi. They will address how to assess your risk, knowing about flood insurance and offer strategies for reducing your risk of flooding.
Stories are shared about how congregations are addressing the problem of flooding.
These webinars are designed to supplement the in-person Faithful Green Leaders Training.
Suggested Discussion Questions:
- What is causing flooding in the Chesapeake Bay region?
- What strategies were offered to address or prevent flooding in your area, your congregation, your home?
- What action could you take now to begin implementing a flood prevention plan for your community?
These webinars are designed to supplement the core Faithful Green Leaders Training, but everyone is welcome to participate.
Do you like this page?