"The Story of Plastic" Virtual Community Screening and Panel Discussion
Watch the powerful new documentary, The Story of Plastic, on your own and then join a discussion on Zoom with a panel of experts on Wednesday, June 24, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. The Story of Plastic takes a sweeping look at the crisis of plastic pollution and its harm to all life on the planet. This event takes place during the pandemic and as the fight against racism and for racial justice continues in our nation and around the world. The plastic pollution crisis is part of this unjust and violent system, with extraction, production and disposal hitting communities of color disproportionately. View the trailer HERE.
While individual actions are important, this film shows they are not enough. It’s time to shut off the plastic spigot and shift the responsibility for costly and deadly plastic to the producers. View the film at your convenience and then participate in the conversation. RSVP HERE to receive screening and video-conferencing links about one week before June 24.
Zoom panel: Post-screening panel discussion with experts and activists via Zoom on Wednesday, June 24, 7 - 8:30 p.m. The panelists are:
- Alex Cole, community organizer, Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition & Appalachian Storage Hub Working Group
- David Pinsky, senior plastics campaigner, Greenpeace USA
- Sarah Nichols, Sustainable Maine director, Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Josh Feldmark, director, Howard County Office of Community Sustainability
- Ali DySard, environmental & partnership manager, MOM’s Organic Market
- Brooke Lierman, Maryland delegate, District 46 – Baltimore City
This event is FREE but registration is required. Please share this event with others, including the Facebook Event.
Do you like this page?