When Today Friday, July 23, 2021 at 6:00pm 2 hrs
Contact Kelsey Brooks [email protected] OWP Harford
The Watershed Stewards Academy (WSA) is a training program to empower residents to improve the quality of local waterways. By sharing resources, forming partnerships, and coordinating efforts, WSA works with a Consortium of Support Professionals, Master Watershed Stewards and their communities to reduce pollutants, infiltrate stormwater and restore natural systems. Currently, the Watershed Steward Academy is in Anne Arundel County, the National Capital Region, Howard County, Cecil County, St. Mary's County, and Harford County.
Master Watershed Stewards...
- Assess and identify pollution sources and restoration opportunities
- Educate their community on pollution sources and how to reduce them
- Engage their community in pollution-reducing action
- Implement small rainscaping projects
- Reduce pollution sources through behavior change programs (pet waste, lawn chemicals, outdoor irrigation, etc.)
- Connect communities with environmental resources and people who can help restore watersheds
- Inspect and/or maintain small stormwater best management practices (BMPs)
For information for the 2021-2022 Course email Kelsey Brooks at [email protected] or Laura Coste' at [email protected]
Do you like this page?